Sunday, April 17

Craft Day

Yesterday I had an awesome day doing crafts with some friends.  The husbands went golfing, the kids played on the floor, and us girls got to work on our crafts.  It was so fun!
I finished the last two pages of Josie's quiet book.  I forgot to take pictures...but just trust me they are cute!

I also worked on a skirt for Josie.  When I tried to put it on her today she freaked out, (I will need to figure out how I can bribe her into trying on clothes and then modeling them for pictures.)
Side Note:  I am having a love affair with brown and pink.  If you haven't noticed the last 3 things I have made have been brown and pink.  But I just can't get over how cute the combination is.  Which is sooo funny, cause when I found out Josie was a girl, I was sooo anti-pink.  But now here I am in love with it.   

I found the brown fabric at D.I. and it was originally a shower curtain.  I LOVE IT!  The best part is the skirt only took about 30 minutes (after I bought a new iron).

Here is what I did:
I measured Josie's waist (18") and I then just added more...hehe, I think I ended up timing it between 1.5 and 2.  It really doesn't matter, it just depends on how full you want the skirt to be.
Then I measured the length, and cut out the big rectangle.  All I had to do was sew the hems, sew the two fabrics together, and then put in the elastic.  VIOLA!  cute skirt.  Now I just have to see if Josie will actually wear it one of these days.

1 comments:

Marie said...

that is freakin' adorable! love it!

Post a Comment