Saturday, March 26

Quiet Book

This quiet book is something that I dreamed about doing for a long time.  I found motivation after spending too many Sundays in church not being able to listen because my sweet daughter just wanted to play.
I found a lot of inspiration from these blogs: 
Some of them have some really good templates, and others just helped me get an idea for a page.  I am willing to explain in further detail how I made the book if anyone want.  But for now, I have some pictures.

 
Love this fabric!!!  I painted her name with fabric paint and used freezer paper as a stencil.  Ask me about it sometime and I will give more details ... it is the coolest thing.
  This is one of my favorite pages.  I the number dial can go in circles, and the phone really comes off the page and you can pretend to talk on the phone.

I was a little skeptical about these little dolls, but they are so cute in simple I love them.  But I definitely need to give them some faces.

This page is so colorful it makes me smile!  I wanted to have a page where Josie could learn how to snap, but the snaps are a little hard to use.  We will see how it goes.  I think this will still be a good page for her to match and learn her colors and shapes. 

These two pages are my absolute favorite.  I really wanted to have some finger puppets and I thought I was a genius when I though of putting finger puppets in a barn ... but then I found other people had done the same thing.  Which was helpful because I am not sure if my own brain would have made it as cute.  The apple tree is awesome and so simple ... I just love how they fit together.
Close up of the puppets

 The paint pallet is another fun one to help teach colors.  I have a cheap paint brush that I am going to attach.
 LOVE IT!!!  I thought this was such a clever idea, I couldn't wait until I finished this page.  I could not stop staring at this page when I finished.
Every quiet book has to have a dress-up doll.  This doll definitely needs a face and some cuter outfits, but its a good start.


Tomorrow will be our first Sunday with the quiet book.  I am afraid that after all my hard work, she will look at the book, throw it on the floor and then reach for the Hymn book.  We shall see!

1 comments:

nowJohanna said...

this is my new favorite blog

Post a Comment