Monday, March 28

Cake Decorating

I have always admired people that decorate cakes...and I LOVE watching The Cake Boss.  I find that there is a sense of magic about cake decorating that has always intimidated me.  Well, I think one of these days I will have to try decorating a cake ... maybe my daughter's 2nd birthday will give me a good excuse for the adventure.
I want to highlight some beautiful cakes that people I know have made, and inspired me.

My amazing sister-in-law made my wedding cake.  It was the best wedding present I could ask for

This same sister-in-law made a birthday cake for one of her daughters 1st birthday
Those jewels are edible candies.
She also made her oldest daughter a beautiful cake for her sweet 16

A friend made this cake for her birthday

Are those not AMAZING!?!?!?
After seeing these cakes, I am starting to feel the need to play with fondant.  One of these days I will stop dreaming of awesome cakes and I will try my hand at this magical art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment